|Written examination (Objective Type)||No. of questions||Duration (minutes)||Maximum Marks|
Part- A : General Studies and mental ability
Part – B : General Fisheries, Inland Fisheries, Marine Fisheries, Aquaculture, Fishing Gear and Craft and Fisheries Management
Note:- For each correct answer 1 mark will be awarded and each wrong answer will carry 0.25 negative mark.
GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY
1. General Mental ability and reasoning.
2. Quantitative aptitude including data interpretation.
3. General English.
4. Current affairs of regional, national and International importance.
5. General Science and its applications to the day to day life, Contemporary
development in science and Technology and information Technology.
6. History & Culture of India with specific focus on AP.
7. Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, 73/74th Amendments,
public policy, reforms ad centre – state relations with specific reference to
8. Society, Social justice, rights issues.
9. Physical geography of Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
10.Key welfare & development schemes of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
PART-B – Fisheries
I. General Fisheries:
- 1. Introduction to Fishes; Principles of Taxonomy; Classification of Fishes Catadromous, Anadromous Fish migration
- 2. Commercially important species of Marine, Freshwater & Brackish water fishes of India & Andhra Pradesh
- 3. General Morphology, Anatomy, Physiology of Fishes, Shrimp, Prawn, Crab
- 4. Nutritive Value of Fish & Prawn
- 5. Status on Aquatic Production & Productivity of India & AP
- 6. Status of exports of aquatic products from lndia & AP
- 7. Carnivorous Fishes & Toxic aquatic species
- 8. Assessment of Quality of Fish.
II. Inland Fisheries
- 1. Inland Fisheries Resources of Andhra Pradesh
- 2. Types of water bodies exists in freshwater ecosystem
- 3. Ecology of Pond, tanks, lakes, Reservoir, River
- 4. Classification of Reservoirs & their Management;
- 5. Banned fish species and mechanism of disposal of stocks
- 6. Induced Breeding Techniques
- 7. Inland Fish Seed Farms & management
- 8. Cage culture in Reservoirs – pros & cons
- 9. Ornamental Fishes- Breeding & rearing techniques
III. Marine Fisheries:
- 1. Marine Resources of Andhra Pradesh
- 2. Tides, Currents, waves, monsoons, continental shelf, upwelling & sinking
- 3. Important marine fishery; coastal, offshore & deep sea species
- 4. Importance of by-catch Reduction Devices Turtle Excluder Device
- 5. Conservation of marine Turtles & mammals
- 6. Sea safety & Navigational equipment
- 7. Registration of marine Fishing Craft
- 8. Fish Landing Centres, Fishing Harbours Management
- 9. Important Deep sea fishes of India
- 10. Marine Cage Culture
- 11. Marine Fishing ban period
- 12. Coastal Security- MFR Act, MS Act.
- 13. Colour Code for Marine Fishing Boats
- 1. Types of Aquaculture systems
- 2. Pond construction
- 3. Water & Soil management
- 4. Indian Major Carps Breeding & hatchery management
- 5. Nursery Management
- 6. Seed Rearing; Production management of Advanced Fingerling & Yearlings
- 7. Breeding & Hatchery management of Freshwater Prawn, M. rosenbergii
- 8. Breeding & Hatchery management of L. vannamei
- 9. Preliminary Concepts of Specific Pathogen Free brood stock, Nucleus Breeding
Centre, Brood Stock Multiplication Centre, Aquatic Quarantine Facility
- 10. Integrated Fish farming with Paddy- Horticulture
- 11. Fish nutrition and feed management : Types of Feed, Feeding methods,
Nutritional requirement of Fish; quantity of feed
- 12. Registration & Regularization of freshwater aquaculture ponds for culturing
Indian Major Carps – DLC- Guidelines- Penalty & demolition on violations
- 13. CAA guidelines for registration of aqua farms and Hatcheries
- 14. Guidelines for culture of Nile Tilapia in ponds
- 15. Production & Productivity enhancement mechanisms
- 16. Common Diseases of aquatic animals & management
- 17. Concept of Biosecurity and HACCP
- 18. Best Management Practices for achieving sustainable production
- 1. Types of Crafts & Gear used in capture fishery – marine, inland sectors
- 2. Different types of gear material
- 3. Mesh Size Regulation
- 1. Pollution & control measures
- 2. Marketing- Role of fisherwomen- Hygiene handling & maintenance of fish
- 3. Conservatory measures in marine & reservoir fisheries
- 4. Role of Gram Panchayats in development of fishery wealth
- 5. Lively hood enhancement & employment opportunities in fisheries sector
- 6. Various value added & health products
- 7. Usage of Banned Antibiotics in aquaculture and its implications on exports
- 8. Concept of Aqua zonation & its benefits in management
- 9. Role of Fisheries Co-operatives in enhancing the fish production &
productivity in public water bodies
- 10.Natural calamities- Floods, Cyclones, Tsunamis- Role of communities, local
bodies in preparedness
- 11. Role of Gram Panchayats in Maintenance of Fish Markets.