Educational Qualifications – Must have passed the Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Electronics, Computers, IT, Instrumentation, BCA/MCA, any degree with computers as one of the subjects such as B.Sc.,(Computers)/ B.Com.,(Computers) from any University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, State Act or a Provincial Act or an Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission (or) by a recognized State Board of Technical Education and Training.
AGE – No person shall be eligible for direct recruitment if he/she is less than 18 years of age and if he / she is more than 42 years of age
|Written examination (Objective Type)||No. of questions||Duration (minutes)||Maximum Marks|
Part- A : General Studies , Mental Ability, Indian History, Polity, Economy, Geography etc., with special reference to Andhra Pradesh
Part– B :Engineering Subjects
Note:- For each correct answer 1 mark will be awarded and each wrong answer will carry 0.25 negative mark.
GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY
1. General Mental ability and reasoning.
2. Quantitative aptitude including data interpretation.
3. General English.
4. Current affairs of regional, national and International importance.
5. General Science and its applications to the day to day life, Contemporary
development in science and Technology and information Technology.
6. History & Culture of India with specific focus on AP.
7. Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, 73/74th Amendments,
public policy, reforms ad center – state relations with specific reference to
8. Society, Social justice, rights issues.
9. Physical geography of Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
10.Key welfare & development schemes of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
1. Data Structures: Introduction to Data Structures, Arrays, Stacks – Stack
Operations, Applications of Stacks, Queues – Types of Queues, Operations on
Queues, Applications, Linked Lists: Types of Lists, Operations on Linked Lists,
Representation of Lists, Applications, Trees: Trees, Binary Trees Tree Traversals
Techniques (Preorder, Inorder, Postorder), Graphs: Introduction, Types of
Graphs, Graph Traversal Techniques (BFS & DFS), Searching and Sorting:
Linear Search, Binary Search, Bubble Sort, Selection Sort, Insertion Sort, Quick
2. Data Base Management Systems: Introduction to DBMS, Characteristics,
Data Models, Architecture, Database Design – Data Modeling, Dependency –
Functional Dependencies, Lossless decomposition, Normal forms, Working with
Tables – Data Definition Languages (DDL), Data Manipulation Language (DML),
Functions and Grouping, Joins and Set operations.
3. Operating Systems: Introduction to Operating System, Types of Operating
System, OS Structure and its Components, Objectives of OS, Functions of OS,
Services provided by OS, The Evolution of Operating Systems Process
Management – Process, Process Scheduling, Process Control Block, CPU
Scheduling Algorithms, Memory Management – Dynamic Loading and Linking,
Overlays, Logical and Physical Address Space, Contiguous Allocation – Internal &
External Fragmentation, Non Contiguous Allocation – Paging and Segmentation
4. Computer organization: Fundamentals of Computers, Components of
Computer System, Types of Softwares, Utility Softwares, Main memory and its
types, Memory hierarchy, Characteristics of memory, Locality of Reference,
External Memory, Basics of RAID, Input/Output, Modes of I/O Data Transfer
– Programmed I/O, Interrupt Driven I/O, Direct Memory Access (DMA),
Computer Arithmetic – Integer Representation and Arithmetic, Floating Point
Representation and Arithmetic.
5. Number Systems and Digital circuits:Number Systems, Conversion of
Number system, Complements, Subtraction with complements, Alpha Numeric
Representation, Fixed and Floating Point Representation, Character
Representation Digital Circuits -Logic Gates, Boolean Algebra Theorems.
6. Programming Languages: Algorithm and its efficiency, Flowchart, C
Fundamentals – Tokens, variables, expressions, Operators, Flow Control
Statements, break and continue, goto statements, Loop Control Statements,
Functions, recursion, storage classes, Structures and Unions, Pointers, Arrays,
Dynamic Memory Allocation Functions, OOPS Concepts – Class, Objects, Data
Encapsulation, Data Hiding, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Function Overloading,
Operator Overloading, Type Conversions, Constructors and Destructors, friend
functions, this pointer, Inheritance and its types.
7. Computer Networks: Introduction to Computer Networks – Network
topologies, Network classifications, Overview of OSI reference model and TCP/IP
protocol suite, Transmission Media– Wired and Wireless Transmission,
Networks Switching Techniques, Multiple Access Protocols – CSMA/CD
protocols, Ethernet LANS, repeaters, hubs, switches, bridges, router and
gateways, Networks Layer Functions – Routing, Routing algorithms, IP
protocol, Transport Layer Functions – Error and Flow control, Three way
handshake, Application layer protocol – Overview of DNS protocol, WWW
&HTTP protocols, Network Security Basics -Confidentiality, Integrity,
Availability, Security Policies, Security Mechanisms, Transposition, Substitution,
Steganography, Ceaser Cipher, Symmetric crypto System vs Asymmetric crypto
System, Active and Passive Attacks, Firewalls – Firewall and its types, Intruder
– Intrusion Detection System (IDS) – Network Intrusion Detection Systems
(NIDS) and Host-Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS), Virus and related
threats – Virus, Worms, Trojan Horses, Spyware and Adware, Rootkit,
Zoombies, Botnets, Scareware.
8. Circuit Theory, Electronic Devices and Circuits:
● Mesh Current and Node voltage analysis –Network theorems – Thevenin’s,
Norton’s, Maximum Power Transfer, Superposition and Reciprocity
theorems – Series and Parallel Resonance – Q Factor- Selectivity –
Bandwidth – Linear wave shaping circuits.
● Semiconductor diodes – varactor diode – zener diode – Clippers and
Clampers – Transistors – FETs – UJT (characterstics only) – Power
supplies – Rectifiers and Filters – HW, FW and Bridge type – Capacitor,
Inductor, L- section filter – Series and shunt regulators – Transistor
amplifiers – CE,CC and CB configurations – Biasing techniques – RC
coupled, Differential amplifiers – Feedback, Power and Tuned amplifiers
9. Communication Engineering:
● Analog – Need for Modulation – Types of Modulation (AM, FM, PM –
Modulation Index –Transmitters – Receivers – Characteristics- Sensitivity,
Selectivity, Wave Propagation – Ground, Sky and Space waves –
Properties. Digital – Pulse modulation – PCM, Delta modulation – Data
codes – Synchronous and Asynchronous transmission – error detection
and correction – Digital modulation – ASK, FSK. PSK and QAM –
Generation and detection – Multiplexing – TDM, FDM – Multiple Access –
● Antennas – Radiation resistance – beam width – Polarization – Directivity
– Efficiency – bandwidth-gain –folded dipole – arrays – broadside – end
fire – Yagi, Log periodic, Turnstile antennas – Parabolic reflectors – beam
width, gain and applications.
10.D.C. Machines and A.C. machines:
● DC Machines, Batteries and Measuring Instruments:DC
Generators, EMF equation, Characteristics, Efficiency and Parallel
operations.DC Motors : Principle of operations, Back EMF, Torque
Equation, Types, armature reaction, Characteristics, Starters, Speed
control, Losses, Efficiency A.C. Circuits: Fundamentals, Series and
parallel R-L-C Circuits, Resonant circuits, Polyphase Circuits, Transformer
: Single phase Transformer, Operation, Equivalent circuit, regulation,
efficiency, Three phase Transformers, Auto Transformers.
● AC Machines :Alternators : Operation, EMF equation, regulation,
Synchronous Motors : Operation and performance, effects of
Excitation, V – Curve and inverted V- curve, Three phase induction
Motors ; Principle of operation, Torque Equation, Slip torque
characterstics, losses, efficiency, speed control
11.Power System generation and Protection:
● Generating Stations: Working, Comparison of thermal, Hydel, Nuclear
and Gas Power Stations, power factor correction and economy.
● Power station Protection: Circuit Breakers – Types, Principles of
operation and uses,
● Transmission and Distribution: Types of supply systems, Transmission
line parameters, inductance and capacitance, performance of short and
medium lines, regulation, Ferranti effect, Corona, Basic Concepts of HVDC
Transmission Advantage and disadvantages of HVDC Transmission
12.Electrical & Electronic Measuring Instruments:
● Analog Instruments – Extension of range of Ammeter, Voltmeter and
Ohmmeter – FET Voltmeter – Differential voltmeter – Digital instruments –
Ramp – Dual slope integration- successive approximation –digital
frequency meter-digital LCR meter – CRO –CRT-time base generator –
deflection sensitivity – triggered sweep circuits – CRO applications.
● Classification, Principle of Operation of Moving coil, moving iron,
Dynamometer type, Induction type meters, Instrument transformers,
Induction type energy meter, PF meter, Frequency meter, Measurement
of Resistance, Transducers and Sensors – Types, Thermistor,
Thermocouple, Pressure Transducers and Strain gauges.