This Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision to promote women’s empowerment and integrate cutting-edge technologies into the agriculture sector. By providing drones to SHGs, the government aims to enhance women’s participation in agriculture, boost their income generation potential, and revolutionize agricultural practices.
Key Highlights of the Drone Scheme
- Holistic Intervention: The scheme combines the resources and efforts of various departments, including the Department of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Department of Rural Development, Department of Fertilizers, Women SHGs, and Lead Fertilizer Companies.
- Targeted Selection: Appropriate clusters where drone usage is economically feasible will be identified, and progressive women SHGs in these clusters will be selected for drone procurement.
- Financial Assistance: Central Financial Assistance will cover 80% of the drone cost and accessories, up to a maximum of Rs. Eight Lakh. The remaining amount can be raised as a loan under the National Agriculture Infra Financing Facility (AIF) with interest subvention.
- Comprehensive Training: One SHG member will receive 15 days of training, including mandatory drone pilot training and agriculture-specific training for nutrient and pesticide application. Another member will be trained as a drone technician/assistant.
- Drone Procurement and Maintenance Facilitation: Lead Fertilizer Companies will act as a bridge between drone supplier companies and SHGs, assisting with procurement, repair, and maintenance.
- Nano Fertilizer Promotion: SHGs will be encouraged to use Nano Urea and Nano DAP fertilizers in drone applications.
Eligibility Criteria for the Scheme to Provide Drones to Women Self Help Groups (SHGs)
- Gender: Must be a woman.
- Socioeconomic Status: Belong to a lower-income household.
- Agricultural Involvement: Actively engaged in agricultural activities.
- Aadhaar card: A copy of the applicant’s sister’s Aadhaar card.
- Photograph: A passport-sized photograph of the applicant.
- Bank Account Passbook: A copy of the applicant’s bank account passbook.
- PAN Card: A copy of the applicant’s PAN card.
How to apply for PM Drone Didi Yojana
While the PM Modi Drone Didi Yojana has been announced, detailed information and applications are not yet available. We will provide updates as soon as they become available.
- Financial Assistance: Women can receive up to Rs. 8 lakhs to purchase drones and related equipment.
- Loan Availability: Women can avail loans for drone purchase at a subsidized interest rate of 3%.
- Monthly Salary: Drone operators will receive a monthly salary of Rs. 15,000.
- Training: Comprehensive training will be provided to women on drone operation and agricultural applications.
The scheme is expected to provide sustainable business and livelihood support to 15,000 SHGs, enabling them to earn an additional income of at least Rs. 1 lakh per year. By introducing advanced technology into agriculture, the scheme aims to improve efficiency, enhance crop yield, and reduce operational costs for farmers.