The Automated Permanent Academic Account Registry (APAAR) is a digital locker for students in India. This card contains a unique identifier that allows students to store and manage their academic records throughout their educational journey. It is still under development but is expected to be available to all students from preschool to higher education.
- Students can apply for an APAAR card online or at their school or university. The application process is simple and only requires a few basic details.
- Once students have received their APAAR card, they can access it online or through a mobile app. The app allows students to view their academic records, track their progress, and apply for scholarships and admissions.
What Is APAAR ID For Students?
- The APAAR ID card is a digital ID card for students in India.
- It allows students to track their academic progress and store their academic records online.
- The APAAR ID card is a lifelong ID number that makes it easier for students to transfer from one school to another.
- The APAAR ID card is linked to the Aadhaar card number of the student.
Process to APAARID Card Apply Online @ abc.gov.in
To register for an APAAR ID card, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a student in India
- Have a valid mobile number and Aadhaar card number
- Be enrolled in a school or college that is registered with the Ministry of Education
APAAR ID Registration Online
- Visit the Academic Bank of Credits (ABC Bank) website.
- Click on ‘My Account’ and select the ‘Student’ option.
- Click ‘Sign up’ and enter your mobile number, address, or Aadhaar card details to create a DigiLocker account.
- Log in to your DigiLocker account using your credentials.
- DigiLocker will ask for your consent to share your Aadhaar card details with ABC for KYC verification. Click ‘I agree’.
- Enter your academic details, such as school or university name, class, course name, etc.
- Submit the form, and your APAAR ID card will be generated.
APAAR ID Card/ABC Card Download
- Visit the Academic Bank of Credits (ABC Bank) website and log in to your account.
- On your dashboard, locate and click the “APAAR card download” option.
- Your APAAR ID card will appear on the screen.
- Click on the “download” or “print” option to download or print your card.
- Your APAAR ID card will be saved to your computer or printed, as you choose.
What is PEN - Permanent Education Number?
The Permanent Education Number (PEN) for students in India is the Automated Permanent Academic Account Registry (APAAR) ID. This unique identification number is assigned to a student at the time of enrollment in school and remains the same throughout their academic journey, from pre-primary to higher education.
How to Apply ABC Card through DigiLocker
- Open an ABC Bank account with DigiLocker: Visit the DigiLocker website and create an account using your registered mobile number.
- Complete your ABC card application: Provide your university name, educational qualifications, and other relevant details.
- Submit your application: Once you’ve filled out the form, submit it to generate your APAAR ID card.
- Access your ABC card: Your ABC Card will be available online and downloadable for use across various services.
Benefits of APAAR ID Card
- The APAAR ID card would centralise electronic archives of student information such as learning outcomes, test results, evaluations, health data, and extracurricular achievements such as Olympiad ranks, specialist skill training, and so on.
- Students of all ages will be able to track their academic achievement using the APAAR number, especially in secondary school, freshman year of college, and post graduation. The APAAR card provides all of the information needed for recognising a student. It comprises information such as the pupil’s name, place of domicile, date of birth, gender, age, image, sports activity, academic financial aid, grants, and other accolades.
- It will simplify the transfer procedure from one school to another because it will contain all of the student’s educational details. As a result, applying to a new college in any part of the country will be straight forward. The APAAR ID will be used to create the student’s Digilocker account.
- It is advantageous to keep track of students who drop out of school so that the government may try to integrate them back into society and familiarise them with intellectual pursuits.
- Scholarships, diplomas, prizes, and other student credentials, for example, will be electronically centralised. The ABC Bank will be instantly linked to the APAAR ID. As a result, whenever a student finishes an academic year or course, the credits are recorded instantly in the ABC, that is recognised by all Indian universities. The Ministry of Education is going to maintain all APAAR card data safe, and there is extremely little risk that it will be misused. This information is going to be used for educational reasons.
- Students can utilise their APAAR ID credit score to apply for university admission exams or higher study. Students with APAAR ID cards can instantly get government assistance under government initiatives.
Challenges and Concerns
- Data Breach: Many parents and students are worried about the security of their data, especially given the past data breaches related to Aadhaar cards.
- Unnecessary Burden on Schools: Schools are already overburdened with administrative tasks, and the APAAR ID card is adding to this burden. Schools have to create awareness about the APAAR ID card and get parental consent before enrolling students.
- Academic Impact: Teachers are concerned that the APAAR ID card will take away from their time to focus on teaching. The card requires teachers to collect a lot of data, including students’ height, weight, and blood group.
- Teachers are Overburdened: Teachers are already feeling overloaded with non-teaching responsibilities, such as administrative tasks and data collection. The APAAR ID card is just adding to their workload.
- Privacy Challenges: Parents are concerned about the privacy of their children’s data. The APAAR ID card requires parents to share their children’s personal information with schools and recruitment agencies. The government has said that schools need to get parental consent before creating APAAR IDs, but this doesn’t address parents’ concerns about data privacy.
The APAAR ID card is a revolutionary initiative that simplifies the administrative procedures for students and adds to their educational experience. It houses the student’s academic records, data and scholarships with other such credits. It is linked to the ABC Bank, so the student’s records are constantly updated. The APAAR ID will be a game changer and contribute to streamlining the educational journey for the times ahead of us.