Prashant Kishor path to political stardom was anything but conventional. His early career in public health laid the foundation for his analytical mind, but it was his encounter with Narendra Modi that catapulted him into the limelight.
Prashant Kishor was born on March 20, 1977 (47 old), in a small village in the Rohtas district of Bihar. His father, Srikant Pandey, was a doctor, and his mother, Sushila Pandey, was a homemaker. Kishor had a keen interest in politics from a young age, and he was often involved in student activism.
Education and Career
Kishor graduated from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur with a degree in engineering. He then worked for the United Nations for eight years, where he focused on public health initiatives. In 2011, he founded his own political consultancy firm, I-PAC, which specializes in election campaign management.
Prashant Kishor Political Career
Kishor’s first major political victory came in 2012, when he helped Narendra Modi win a third term as Chief Minister of Gujarat. Kishor’s innovative campaign strategies, which focused on data analytics and grassroots outreach, were credited with Modi’s victory.
Kishor went on to work for a number of other political parties, including the Janata Dal (United), the YSR Congress Party, and the Trinamool Congress. He helped these parties to win a number of key elections, including the 2015 Bihar Assembly elections, the 2019 Andhra Pradesh Assembly elections, and the 2021 West Bengal Assembly elections.
Prashant Kishor Strategies
Kishor’s political strategies are based on a deep understanding of voter psychology and the use of data analytics. He uses data to identify key voter segments and develop targeted messaging that resonates with those segments. He also emphasizes grassroots outreach, which involves building relationships with voters at the local level.
Kishor’s strategies have been credited with helping to change the face of Indian politics. He has shown that elections can be won not just with money and muscle, but with a well-crafted narrative and a deep understanding of the people.
Kishor is the founder of I-PAC, a political consultancy firm that specializes in data-driven campaigning. The firm has worked with a wide range of political parties, including the BJP, the Congress, the Janata Dal (United), and the YSR Congress Party.
In 2022, Kishor criticized the ruling YSR Congress Party in Andhra Pradesh. He said that the party had failed to deliver on its promises and that it was becoming increasingly authoritarian.
Prashant Kishor's Fees
The exact figures remain shrouded in secrecy, but PK’s fees are rumored to be astronomical. Reports suggest he charges anywhere between Rs 50 crore to Rs 150 crore per project.
Jahnavi Das - PK's Wife and Partner
Jahnavi Das, a physician from Assam, is the woman who shares PK’s life. Their love story, like much of PK’s personal life, is shrouded in privacy. However, their son, their little bundle of joy, is a source of immense happiness for the couple. Jahnavi is not just PK’s wife she is his confidante, a pillar of support who understands the demands of his high-pressure world.
prashant kishor net worth
Some estimates suggest PK’s net worth could be anywhere between ₹50 crore and ₹500 crore
Prashant Kishor: A Timeline
- 1977: Born in Konar, Bihar
- 1999: Graduates from Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- 2000: Joins United Nations to work on global health initiatives
- 2011: Meets Narendra Modi and begins working as his political strategist
- 2014: Modi wins landslide victory in general election, with Kishor’s strategies playing a key role
- 2015: Kishor works with Nitish Kumar to win Bihar assembly election
- 2018: Kishor works with Jagan Mohan Reddy to win Andhra Pradesh assembly election
- 2021: Kishor works with Mamata Banerjee to win West Bengal assembly election
- 2022: Kishor quits Janata Dal
- Hometown: He was born in Konar village, Bihar, but spent his formative years in Buxar, another town in Bihar.
- Height: Approximately 5’7″ (170 cm).
- Prashant Kishor’s team members: I-PAC (Indian Political Action Committee), a team of strategists and data analysts.
- Prashant Kishor’s house: While details about his personal life are scarce, Kishor reportedly resides in a modest apartment in Delhi.
- Horoscope: His zodiac sign is Virgo, known for their analytical nature and attention to detail, traits that seem to align with his strategic approach.
- Prashant Kishor’s helpline(contact) number: Kishor doesn’t have a public helpline number, as he primarily works directly with political parties and campaigns.
- Caste : Kishor’s caste is not publicly known. However, he is believed to be a Bhumihar, a high-caste community in Bihar.
- Prashant Kishor’s team members: His team consists of a diverse group of data analysts, communication experts, and grassroots outreach specialists, but specific names are not publicly known.