The Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme, launched by the Tamil Nadu government in September 15 2023, is a monthly financial assistance scheme for women. Under this scheme, women who are the heads of their households and are below the poverty line are eligible to receive ₹1,000 per month.
The scheme is named after the late Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, C. N. Annadurai, who is known as “Kalaignar” (artist). The scheme is aimed at empowering women and improving their economic well-being.
Definition of housewife
- All the persons named in the family card are considered as a family.
- Head of household in every eligible family can apply for the benefit of Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme.
- If the family card mentions a male as the head of the family, the wife of the head of the family is considered as the head of the family.
- The woman named as the head of the family in the family card is considered as the head of the family.
- If for any reason the name of the wife of the male head of the family is not on the family card, one of the other women in the family is considered as the head of the family. If a family has more than one female who has completed 21 years of age, the family members can choose one person to apply for the benefit under the scheme.
- Households headed by unmarried single women, maidservants and transgender persons are also considered heads of households.
Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Qualifications
- Annual household income: Less than Rs. 2.5 lakh per year.
- Households using less than 3,600 units of electricity per year for domestic purposes.
- Landholding: Less than 5 acres of wetland (Nansey) or 10 acres of dry land (Bunsey).
- There is no need to obtain income proof or land documents separately for financial qualifications and attach it to the application
Application Procedures Apply Online
A woman who has completed 21 years of age can apply for the benefit of Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
- Applications must be submitted at the Public Distribution Fair Price Shop (FPS) where your family card is registered. No other registration camps will be considered.
- Only one member from each family holding a valid family card is eligible to apply for this scheme.
kmut.tn.gov.in Magalir Urimai Thogai App Download latest news
kalaignar magalir urimai thogai application status
application form fill up in 2024 latest news pdf
- High-income households: Those with an annual family income exceeding Rs. 2.5 lakh, including income tax filers and payers.
- Professionals and government employees: Individuals with professional income above Rs. 2.5 lakh per year, as well as employees of government entities like public sector undertakings, banks, and local bodies. This applies to both current employees and pensioners.
- Elected People’s Representatives (except Municipal Council Ward Members). i.e. Members of Parliament, Assembly Members, District Panchayat Presidents, District Panchayat Members, Panchayat Union Presidents, Panchayat Union Members, Panchayat Council Presidents, Corporation, Municipality, Borough Presidents and members.
- Vehicle owners: Individuals owning four-wheeler vehicles like cars, jeeps, tractors, or heavy vehicles for personal use.
- Business owners: Owners of businesses with an annual turnover exceeding Rs. 50 lakhs and paying GST.
- Social security recipients: Families already receiving continuous social security scheme pension or government pension.
- Families supporting individuals with disabilities, including those receiving maintenance allowance for intellectual disabilities, severe disabilities, spinal/spinal dementia, Parkinson’s disease, muscular dystrophy, or leprosy, are eligible to apply. Women in these families can apply if they meet all other eligibility criteria and lack any disqualifications.
- Additionally, non-pensioner women in families receiving old-age pensions through specific programs like the Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme, Chief Minister’s Farmers’ Protection Scheme, or Non-Organised Labor Welfare Boards are eligible, provided they meet the scheme’s other eligibility criteria and do not fall under any ineligibility category.
- Importantly, eligible women in families with members receiving disability pensions under the revenue department are also eligible, as long as they meet all other criteria and do not fall under any ineligibility category.
The last date to apply online for the Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme 2023 was September 29, 2023.
Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai(KMUT) Verification App Download Login
How to appeal?
You have the right to appeal a rejected application for the Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme within 30 days of receiving the rejection SMS. Visit any e-Seva Kendra to file your appeal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why didn't I get a text message from the government?
If you have not received any SMS from the government, please check the operation of your mobile phone. Sms will not come immediately even if your application is under consideration. To know the status of your application, you can enter your Aadhaar number and check the website.
The government sms came, but the money did not come to the bank?
Please check whether Aadhaar is linked to your bank account. In this regard, you can also find out about the receipt of Rs 1,000 in your bank account by visiting your bank branch and submitting your bank account book and requesting them to make the necessary registrations.
I didn't get the money, can I apply again?
Instead of making fresh applications under the Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme, they can appeal to the revenue divisional officer concerned through e-service within 30 days from the date of receipt of sms to their registered telephone number.
Under this scheme, aadhaar card, bank account number and ration card linked to Aadhaar number are mandatory for availing the scheme, so you can apply for a new ration card first and get it and then apply for the benefit under this scheme.
if your application is not accepted, you can login to the Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai scheme’s website by logging in to your Aadhaar number to find out which of the provisions of the Kalaignar Women’s Rights Scheme have not been fulfilled.
If you are eligible beneficiaries, you have to go to the bank and link your Aadhaar number with the bank account to get the claim amount.
You need to approach your bank in person and activate the bank account or open a new bank account.
You can approach the bank where you have a bank account and get a solution in this regard.