An Income Asset Certificate is a government document that certifies the income and assets of an individual or family. This certificate is often required for government schemes and programs, as well as for admission to educational institutions and employment opportunities.
People who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs. They are eligible for reservation in government jobs and educational institutions if their family’s gross annual income is below Rs. 8 lakh and they do not own any of the following assets:
- 5 acres of agricultural land or more
- Residential house of 1000 square feet or more
- A residential plot of 100 square yards or more in a notified municipality
- A residential plot of 200 square yards or more in an area other than a notified municipality
The income includes income from all sources, such as salary, agriculture, business, and profession. The assets include land, house, and other immovable property.
- Application form
- ID proof: A valid ID proof, such as a ration card, EPIC card, or Aadhaar card.
- Copy of IT returns: The last three years’ copies of the applicant’s income tax returns.
- Pay slip / salary statements: The last three months’ pay slips or salary statements.
- Affidavit copy: An affidavit stating that the applicant meets the eligibility criteria for an EWS certificate.
- Passport size photo of the applicant
- Persons belonging to EWS selected against the quota for persons with benchmark disabilities/ex-servicemen shall be placed against the roster points earmarked for EWS.
- Persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs and whose family’s gross annual income are identified as EWSs for benefit of reservation.
Immediate Appellate Authority
Joint Collector – Revenue