CIFE, or the Central Institute of Fisheries Education, is a premier fisheries education and research institute in India. It was established in 1961 by the Government of India with the objective of imparting higher education and training in fisheries science and technology.
- Provide high-quality education and training in fisheries science and technology.
- Generate and disseminate knowledge in fisheries science and technology.
- Promote research and development in fisheries science and technology.
- Advise the government on fisheries policies and programs.
- Foster international cooperation in fisheries science and technology.
CIFE - Institutional Fellowship
The CIFE – Institutional Fellowship is a financial assistance program offered by the Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE) to students enrolled in their Masters and Doctoral programs. The fellowship provides financial support to help students cover the cost of their education, including tuition, fees, and living expenses.
The amount of the fellowship varies depending on the student’s level of study and the number of years they are enrolled in the program. For Masters students, the fellowship is Rs. 5760 per month for two years. For Doctoral students, the fellowship is Rs. 7000 per month for the first two years and Rs. 5600 per month in the third year.
Benefits of the CIFE - Institutional Fellowship
- Financial assistance to help cover the cost of education
- The opportunity to pursue a career in fisheries science
- The chance to conduct research and contribute to the field of fisheries science
- Networking opportunities with other students and faculty
Candidates must have obtained at least 60% marks or an overall grade point average (OGPA) of 6.50 out of 10.00, 3.25 out of 5.00, or 2.60 out of 4.00 (for SC/ST candidates, 55% marks or OGPA of 6.00 out of 10.00, 3.00 out of 5.00, or 2.40 out of 4.00).
Students with a B.F.Sc. and M.F.Sc. (4 + 2 years) or B.Sc. and M.Sc. (3 years) from CIFE (till 1995), with an M.F.Sc./M.Sc. OGPA of 7.5 out of 10 and 3.75 out of 5 (for General/OBC candidates) or 7.00 out of 10 and 3.50 out of 5 (for SC/ST candidates), are eligible to apply for the Ph.D. program.
Foreign students are exempted from appearing in the written test and interview. Admission is made on the basis of the bio-data and on the recommendation of the Head of the concerned discipline.
- Thumb impression
No Certificates Required at the Time of Online Submission