The Government of Andhra Pradesh launched the Jagananna Videshi Vidya Deevena (JVVD) scholarship scheme to provide financial assistance to students from the state who wish to pursue higher education abroad.
- Be a resident of Andhra Pradesh
- Applicants must have been accepted to a top 200 foreign university as ranked by QS World University Rankings.
- Applicants must not be older than 35 years old on the date of the notification.
- The annual income of the applicant’s family must not exceed ₹ 8,00,000.
- In the case of a married student, the income of the spouse will also be considered.
- In the case of employees in the student’s family, a salary certificate issued by the employer is mandatory.
- Only one candidate per family is eligible for the scheme.
- The financial assistance under the scheme can only be availed once in a lifetime.
- 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation degree, PG course, or intermediate in relevant field.
- Top 100 Institutions/Universities: 100% tuition fee assistance
- 101 to 200 Ranked Institutions/Universities: 50% tuition fee assistance, or ₹ 5,00,000, whichever is less
In the case of PG courses, the scholarship will be paid to the students in four equal installments.
- First Installment: Upon production of the landing permit / 1-94 card (Immigration Card).
- Second Installment: Upon production of the 1st Semester/Term results.
- Third Installment: Upon production of the 2nd Semester/Term results.
- Fourth Installment: After successful completion of the 4th/final Semester and uploading the 4th/final semester mark sheet in the concerned online portal.
In the case of Ph.D./MBBS courses, the decision to release further installments will be made based on their preceding year/semester results.
Require Documents for Jagananna Videshi Vidya Deevena(JVVD)
- Caste certificate from the concerned Village/Ward Secretariat
- Income certificate from concerned Village/Ward Secretariat, physically certified by the concerned District Collector
- Rice card of the student’s family, if available
- SSC certificate or birth certificate (for the purpose of determining the eligible age prescribed for the scheme)
- Aadhaar card
- Nativity certificate from the MeeSeva/Revenue Department
- Qualifying intermediate/degree/PG certificate for admission to MBBS/PG course/PhD course, respectively
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination (for proof of acquiring minimum prescribed marks)
- TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/GMAT score sheet
- Unconditional offer letter from foreign university
- NEET score card, in case of admission into MBBS course
- Copy of the latest tax returns of family members, wherever applicable
- Nationalised bank account details of the student
- Latest passport-size photo
- Scanned signature
- Self-certification from the student that no other member of his or her family has availed financial assistance under a similar scheme from the state or central government, and that the student has not availed such a scheme previously.
Andhra Pradesh residents, aged 18-35, with minimum 60% marks in previous qualifying exam, family income ≤ Rs. 8 lakhs/year, belonging to SC/ST/BC/Kapu/Minority community.
Top 100 universities: 100% tuition fee scholarship.
101-200 ranked universities: 50% tuition fee scholarship or max Rs 50 Lakhs.