The Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute (IASRI) offers a variety of scholarships to students pursuing M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in agricultural statistics. These scholarships are designed to help students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds pursue their education and build a career in this important field.
- Financial assistance: The scholarships provide a monthly stipend to help students cover their living expenses.
- Research opportunities: The scholarships give students access to IASRI’s research facilities and opportunities to work on cutting-edge research projects.
- Networking opportunities: The scholarships provide students with the opportunity to network with leading agricultural statisticians from around the world.
Who is Eligible for IASRI Scholarships?
- Be enrolled in a full-time graduate or doctoral program in agricultural statistics at IASRI.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Be a citizen of India.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- The minimum age limit for admission to M.Sc. is 19 years.
The minimum eligibility criteria for admission to M.Sc. in Agriculture is a Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Agroforestry, Sericulture, Agricultural Marketing, or B.Sc. (10+2+3 System) with 60% marks or its equivalent Overall grade point average (OGPA) for the general category, and 55% marks or its equivalent OGPA for SC/ST/PH candidates.
Types of IASRI Scholarships
- Institute Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to all admitted students in the M.Sc. program. It provides a monthly stipend of Rs. 7,500 and a contingent grant of Rs. 6,000 per year.
- Senior Research Fellowship: This fellowship is awarded to Ph.D. students who have completed their coursework and are actively engaged in research. It provides a monthly stipend of Rs. 12,000 and a contingent grant of Rs. 10,000 per year.
- Junior Research Fellowship: This fellowship is awarded to M.Sc. students who are actively engaged in research. It provides a monthly stipend of Rs. 8,640 and a contingent grant of Rs. 6,000 per year.
Admission of Foreign Students
Foreign students seeking admission to ICAR institutes must be sponsored by the Government of India, DARE, or ICAR. Applications must be forwarded through their respective embassies or missions in New Delhi or through the respective Indian missions abroad to the Government of India, Secretary, DARE, Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi -110 001.
Foreign students are exempted from appearing in the written test and interview. Admission will be made on the basis of the scrutiny of the biodata and on the recommendations of the Professor of the concerned discipline.
How to Apply for IASRI Scholarships
- Go to the IARI website and click on the link for filling up the application form.
- Register by providing your details.
- Login using your email ID and password.
- Select your admission scheme and fill in the details.
- Upload your photograph, signature, and required documents.
- Enter your payment details and click on “Save and Next”.
- Review your application and click on “Final Submit”.
- Print the application form for future reference.
- Upload Image ( less than 100 kb and greater than10 kb).
- Signature (less than 20 kb and greater than 10 kb).
- Documents (All the requisite documents starting from Matriculation to Qualifying Degree Examination).
The IASRI Scholarship is a great opportunity for students who are interested in pursuing a career in agricultural statistics. These scholarships provide financial assistance to help students cover the cost of their education, and they also give students the opportunity to conduct research at one of the leading agricultural statistics research institutes in India.